You acknowledge and agree that there are numerous risks associated with acquiring $DG, holding $DG, and using $DG for participation in the decentral.games ecosystem. In the worst scenario, this could lead to the loss of all or part of $DG held.
IF YOU DECIDE TO ACQUIRE $DG, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE FOLLOWING RISKS:
- 1.Uncertain Regulations and Enforcement Actions - The regulatory status of $DG and distributed ledger technology is unclear or unsettled in many jurisdictions. The regulation of virtual currencies has become a primary target of regulation in all major countries in the world. It is impossible to predict how, when or whether regulatory agencies may apply existing regulations or create new regulations with respect to such technology and its applications, including $DG and/or the decentral.games ecosystem. Regulatory actions could negatively impact $DG and/or the decentral.games ecosystem in various ways. The Company, the Distributor (or their respective affiliates) may cease operations in a jurisdiction in the event that regulatory actions, or changes to law or regulation, make it illegal to operate in such jurisdiction, or commercially undesirable to obtain the necessary regulatory approval(s) to operate in such jurisdiction. After consulting with a wide range of legal advisors and continuous analysis of the development and legal structure of virtual currencies, a cautious approach will be applied towards the distribution of $DG. Therefore, for the token distribution, the distribution strategy may be constantly adjusted in order to avoid relevant legal risks as much as possible. For the token distribution, the Company and the Distributor are working with the specialist blockchain department at Bayfront Law LLC.
- 2.Inadequate disclosure of information - As at the date hereof, the decentral.games ecosystem is still under development and its design concepts, consensus mechanisms, algorithms, codes, and other technical details and parameters may be constantly and frequently updated and changed. Although this whitepaper contains the most current information relating to the decentral.games ecosystem, it is not absolutely complete and may still be adjusted and updated by the Decentral.games team from time to time. The Decentral.games team has no ability and obligation to keep holders of $DG informed of every detail (including development progress and expected milestones) regarding the project to develop the decentral.games ecosystem, hence insufficient information disclosure is inevitable and reasonable.
- 3.Failure to develop - There is the risk that the development of the decentral.games ecosystem will not be executed or implemented as planned, for a variety of reasons, including without limitation the event of a decline in the prices of any digital asset, virtual currency or $DG, unforeseen technical difficulties, and shortage of development funds for activities.
- 4.Security weaknesses - Hackers or other malicious groups or organisations may attempt to interfere with $DG and/or the decentral.games ecosystem in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, malware attacks, denial of service attacks, consensus-based attacks, Sybil attacks, smurfing and spoofing. Furthermore, there is a risk that a third party or a member of the Company, the Distributor or their respective affiliates may intentionally or unintentionally introduce weaknesses into the core infrastructure of $DG and/or the decentral.games ecosystem, which could negatively affect $DG and/or the decentral.games ecosystem. Further, the future of cryptography and security innovations are highly unpredictable and advances in cryptography, or technical advances (including without limitation development of quantum computing), could present unknown risks to $DG and/or the decentral.games ecosystem by rendering ineffective the cryptographic consensus mechanism that underpins that blockchain protocol.
- 5.Other risks - In addition, the potential risks briefly mentioned above are not exhaustive and there are other risks (as more particularly set out in the Terms and Conditions) associated with your acquisition of, holding and use of $DG, including those that the Company or the Distributor cannot anticipate. Such risks may further materialize as unanticipated variations or combinations of the aforementioned risks. You should conduct full due diligence on the Company, the Distributor, their respective affiliates, and the decentral.games team, as well as understand the overall framework, mission and vision for the decentral.games ecosystem prior to acquiring $DG.